Monday, December 21, 2009

I would like to cleanse my body by ingesting wheatgrass through chewing instead of juicing, any tips please?

Any tips or pointers.... please! I would rather not throw-up or have nausea, I was told to just chew on a handful dose and I figure I would wash it for a good while under cold water....I would like to cleanse my body by ingesting wheatgrass through chewing instead of juicing, any tips please?
I think there is no harm in chewing on a handful of wheatgrass, of-course the throwing-up part depends entirely on you.


But I do not think you will benefit much by chewing on wheatgrass as compared to juicing wheatgrass. Chewing on wheatgrass may be beneficial to your teeth or gums, but you certainly will not be able to cleanse your body by chewing on a handful of wheatgrass.


One of the main benefits of juicing vegetables and greens such as wheatgrass, cabbage, spinach etc is that you extract the nutrients present in these foods into easily edible and digestible form. These nutrients are concentrated in the juice and will enter the blood stream easily for immediate benefit to body.


Following are the main disadvantages in trying to chew instead of juicing.


1. Example: It takes one whole cabbage to probably give out 1 cup of nutrition rich juice. Similarly it takes a lot more than a handful of wheatgrass to juice 1 cup of wheatgrass juice. You will not be able to chew on so much wheatgrass/cabbage.


2. Even if you manage to chew on sufficient amounts of wheatgrass, the amount of nutrients that enter your blood stream is not comparable to a cup of juice. Most of the nutrients will be lost or unused.


3. I don鈥檛 think your body will be able to digest so much wheatgrass.


I would like to cleanse my body by ingesting wheatgrass through chewing instead of juicing, any tips please?
It won't ';cleanse'; your body. There is nothing bad to cleanse.

No comments:

Post a Comment