Thursday, December 17, 2009

Do juice fasts/cleanses work?

I tried the apple juice fast once. The intention was to do it for 3 days, but after a day and a half I was so ravenous I was ready to eat my own arm just to make the hunger stop! Anyway, my question is this: if you drink apple juice all day (which is what the fast is all about), how can you lose weight if you are still ingesting about 1,500, which you could just do with normal food? A glass of apple juice has about 150 calories and you're supposed to drink 10 a day on the fast...


So how can you really lose weight?


Also, about the Master Cleanse, I heard from a nutrition professional that humans do not need to do cleanses/fasts in order to ';clean out toxins'; from our bodies, as our internal organs already do that on a regular basis. Is this true?Do juice fasts/cleanses work?
Fasts and liquid fasts are usually used for spiritual/religious reasons and this idea crossed over into the health foods craze. ';If you don't eat, you'll loose weight so drink everything you can get hands on and you'll be fine.'; Wrong. Yes, you consumed 1500 calories but your body is not designed to live off of liquids alone. The nutritionist is right, though. Your body does get rid of the toxins by itself but you can help that along by consuming your daily water intake (64 ounces but you get that from your food as well). Personally, pooping myself lighter is not my ideal weight loss strategy. Ever had a nasty stomach bug? I did once for 3 days and lost 15 pounds. Not cool. I would suggest just eating healthier, portioning your food out, drink more water and exercise (like a walk for 20 minutes) daily and you should be able to drop weight pretty quickly and alot more healthily. Best of luck!Do juice fasts/cleanses work?
is it true.


do you think the medical and scientific community is lying about the liver and kidneys cleaning out toxins?


also the master cleanse if done right is 1300cals a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment